CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The last assignment


Salam...

Yesterday class was such a relief for me since I have submitted my second assignment. This assessing and manipulating assignment has taught me many things. I learnt that by just using a simple, suitable video, we can manipulate it for use in classroom teaching. The exploitation of these two video clips has been able to develop my creativity and ability to think critically, as I need to consider numbers of things during the production stage. The need of young learners, the suitability of new developing materials, the time allocation and many more are some factors need to be considered by me while I am completing this assignment with my partner. Although more focus is given to the production of new developing materials, we cannot deny that some attention needs to be given to the suitability of our activity with the primary ESL classroom. Since young learners are very unique, we as ‘teacher to be’ need to immerse into their thoughts and come out with activities that match with their interest ad preferences.

In addition, there are also some new tasks given by Puan Foziah, for instance making a collage, wallpapers and using Microsoft Publishers to create business cards, newsletter, pamphlets and brochure. Although these were not a compulsory task for us, we are advised to try out and create something new so that we can put it in our portfolio. There will be extra mark for all this and I cannot just let it go since it affecting the marks for the portfolio and our whole presentation. Even though this task was quite a lot for me, I will try to spend my time wisely to explore this software since I find it very useful in producing new materials or teaching aids for teaching in the classroom, especially to attract students to experiment with the language.

Furthermore, we also receive our next assignment, which is the toughest among the all. Each of us is assigned to create four lesson plans, including all the four basic skills for a-week- teaching in the classroom based on the topic that we get. The due date is after the Raya and now is the time for me to carefully plan the lesson for a week. I feel like this is like my ‘teaching practice’, since the duration is quite long (one week) and there need to be continuation from one lesson to another. However, I will try to try my best and put more effort and thoughts for this assignment.

0 comments: