CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Final reflection...




Salam...

I started to know the meaning of blogging when I first enter this resources class. Before this, the internet was just a source of information for me, a place for me to search for information regarding my assignments, and a place for me to search for videos and pictures for my own entertainment. Since we have to do reflection in our blog, it is like a burden for me since I have to put my thinking cap while reflecting of the issues that is being discussed in the classroom. However, the situation is changing now. Blogging is like a place for me to express my thoughts and sharing ideas and views, since there is no other way for me to write freely like this. Besides that, blogging trains me to be more critical and creative in my thinking, and improved my thought processes since the reflection requires me to be more crucial and reflective. Besides that, blogging improve my language skills, especially in the grammar and writing skills. It also improves my command and fluency in English, and this is very good for me as an English teacher as blogging is like a place for me to enhance my language skills. In addition, blogging improved my technology skills, for instance when I give comments to other blogs and decorating my own blog with certain beautiful features.

However, I don’t like blogging in the sense that it is quite difficult to get feedback from the other bloggers. It is like we are just the one who busily writes in the blog, and there is no response regarding what is written there. Besides that, it is quite hard when there is no idea of what is to be written in the blog.

What I like about this course? This course taught me a lot of things, especially regarding the technological skills like audio editing, picture editing, and video editing. All these skills are very useful since we can use it in creating and adapting teaching materials for use in the classroom. This course also exposed me to so many new knowledge, for instance the software that I find very useful for teaching in the classroom. I have improved my technological skill, for instance in editing and manipulating teaching aids available so that I will be resourceful enough in my future teaching. I thing that I didn’t like about this course is the submission of the assignment online, which sometimes I find very difficult and troublesome for some of us who have low internet access or no internet connection at all. The problem will be even more difficult when the assignment is set up during the holiday.


Actually, I didn’t expect that I am going to ‘immerse’ in such a technological world where I have to non-stop blogging, and doing all the technological tasks in order to submit our assignments and tasks. But, this is what I learnt throughout the 14 weeks lesson. In contrast, I expect that I will learn on how to use and develop the teaching aids, like what I have learnt in maktab. But, what is stressed in the teaching is more towards how to use technology in the classroom teaching.

If I can change anything in the course, I am thought of changing the performa of the course. The use of technological materials should be in accordance with the use of non-technological teaching materials. For instance, we should be thought on how to integrate the story available in the textbook into something that is technological. Besides that, the attention for searching and developing resources should not be too focusing towards technological area.

All in all, this course has its own impact towards my own learning. I learn a lot throughout the 14 weeks and there seems lots of improvement in my technological skill, a skill that I am not exposed very much before. I learnt to be more mature in my thinking, and as a teacher trainee, I wish that I will be to apply all the knowledge that I have gained in this course in my future teaching. Thank you.

0 comments: